Turnaround Consulting Services is currently seeking a Turnaround Mechanical Planner in St. Helens, OR. This role is expected to last approximately 11 Months and will be responsible for developing detailed planning packages for an upcoming Turnaround
- Utilize job scopes, subject matter experts, technical literature, equipment drawings, field walks, job safety aids, safety standards, etc. to develop detailed, safe, efficient job plans.
- Ensure plans incorporate all learnings and archived plans from previous turnarounds.
- Prepare detailed job packages to include job step-outs that are resource loaded and in logical order, bill of materials, scaffold requirements, energy isolation (blinding) requirements and the identification of embedded instrumentation or electrical devices that will need to be planned by support disciplines as part of the mechanical scope of work.
- Collaborate with the scheduler, project teams (when relevant), operations, inspections and other applicable SMEs as needed to remediate any outstanding issues or concerns that the scope may present during the planning process.
- High School Diploma or GED
Work experience in a chemical or refining manufacturing facility.
Experience in and understanding of mechanical and/or maintenance work for various crafts.
Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and nights as needed.
Effective verbal / written communication skills.
A self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish. With an ability to collaborate, negotiate, and facilitate decision making in high stress turnaround environments.
Have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
A valid Driver’s License.
- 5 years of craft experience or exposure to mechanical or maintenance work in a refining or petrochemical environment.
Experience planning or coordinating mechanical work in a turnaround setting. Especially in one or multiple of the following areas: piping & valves, exchangers, drums, towers, heaters or reactors.