Turnaround Consulting Services LLC is currently seeking an Instrumentation Planner in Cheyenne, WY. This role is expected to last approximately 14 months and will be responsible for developing detailed planning packages.
- Utilize job scopes, subject matter experts, technical literature, equipment drawings, field walks, job safety aids, safety standards, etc. to develop detailed, safe, efficient job plans.
- Ensure plans incorporate all learnings and archived plans from previous turnarounds.
- Prepare detailed job packages to include job step-outs that are resource loaded and in logical order, bill of materials, scaffold requirements, energy isolation requirements and participate as a support resource for embedded instrumentation on mechanical scope.
- Collaborate with the scheduler, project teams (when relevant), operations, inspections and other applicable SMEs as needed to remediate any outstanding issues or concerns that the scope may present during the planning process.
- High School Diploma or GED
- In possession of or able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
- Work experience in a chemical or refining manufacturing facility.
- Experience in and understanding of troubleshooting, loop checking, commissioning and start up of various instruments/control systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and nights as needed.
- Effective verbal / written communication skills.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish. With an ability to collaborate, negotiate, and facilitate decision making in high stress turnaround environments.
- Have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- A valid Driver’s License.
- 5 years of craft experience in instrumentation work in a refining or petrochemical environment.
- Experience planning or coordinating work in a turnaround setting